Welcome to the Regina Adams Music Studio, LLC!
I am a private voice teacher in Reston, Virginia. It is my passion to partner with students of all ages to enhance their musical skills, discover a personal joy in music, and find their unique voice!
Voice Lessons - beginner to advanced voice (ages 9-adult)
- Choice of 45 or 60 minute lessons
- Instruction in repertoire, technique, and music theory
- Instruction in sight-reading and sight-singing
- Incorporation of technology to enhance learning
- Regular performance opportunities
- Incentive programs
- Awards programs
- Service projects
- Development of a strong musical foundation
- Inclusion of classical, musical theatre, jazz, singer-songwriter and folk music (I do not generally offer "pop" vocal music instruction, but will allow students to sing from this genre occasionally)
- "Mrs. Adams is a wonderful teacher. She has transformed my voice over the past year. I cannot say enough about her expertise and her professionalism" - Allison B., 17
- "Over the last couple of years I have been studying with Mrs. Adams, my confidence, stage presence, and the strength of my voice have all really improved. Through Ms. Adams' positive lessons, I continue to work toward my goals." - Molly S., 18
- "As an adult student, I have studied voice with Regina for two years. During that time she has taught me proper breathing techniques and expanded my range considerably. I am fortunate to have found her." - Courtenay S., adult
- "Mrs. Adams is a great teacher and has helped me so much. My voice is growing stronger with each lesson." - Savannah T., 13
- "I am so fortunate to be taking voice lessons with Regina. She has been able to expand my range, increase my confidence, and improve my breathing. She is my biggest cheerleader.” - Amy Z., adult
It is my goal to help each student to achieve his or her highest musical potential. I strive to create a positive and nurturing environment where each student will learn:
- Joy in making music
- Goal setting, persistence, and pride in his or her accomplishments
- Tools to be an independent music maker
- Music reading and the language necessary to communicate musical ideas with others
About Regina Adams
A native of Newark, Delaware, Mrs. Adams has been teaching private voice for over 15 years. Regina studied piano starting at an early age, and has studied voice seriously since the age of 15. She continues to enhance her personal music education through her own study of the art of singing, attendance at conferences, participation in online music educational forums, and continued efforts to seek out the latest in the field of music education. Regina holds a Bachelor of Music degree in Voice Performance from the University of Delaware and a Master of Music in Voice Performance from Indiana University-Bloomington, IN.
Regina turned to full time teaching after a rewarding career in voice performance in New York City. She has had the privilege of singing at Lincoln Center and many other notable venues with conductors such as Kurt Masur, John Adams, Joseph Flummerfelt, Christopher Hogwood, Paul Hillier and Claudio Abbado, including a solo debut at Carnegie Hall singing John Rutter's "Magnificat" and his adaptation of the "Gloria". Her discography includes recordings with the Indiana University Press, Hanssler Records and Harmonia Mundi.
Regina's students have won scholarships for prestigious college music programs. They have placed 2nd in Virginia All-State HS Chorus (2015), 1st in Virginia All-District MS Chorus (2015), and regularly are given leads in school and regional musical theatre productions such as the Bel Cantati Opera Company, the Alliance Theatre, ENCORE, and the Pied Piper Theatre. Her students have won numerous scholarships to area private schools and successfully auditioned for the ACDA National Honors Chorus, the Virginia All-State Chorus, the FCPS, LCPS and PWCS' All-County and All-District Choruses, and the Fairfax County Choral Society. Recent accomplishments include a students' acceptance into the Disney College Program (FL) as well as another students' acceptance into the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts in London, UK for a 3-year degree in musical theatre.
Ms. Adams resides in Reston, VA with her husband, two daughters and her Australian Kelpie rescue, Matilda.